We are looking to hire a full-time AV Production Coordinator to become a key player in Novara Media’s video and audio operations.
Novara Media is one of the fastest-growing media organisations working towards radical social change. We have huge ambitions and the creation of this role marks for us a turning point in our ability to achieve more than we ever have before.
You will be entering a brand-new role, developing robust production systems and workflows, organising people and resources, and anticipating production pinch-points before they emerge. This is a detail-oriented, hands-on role and you will be bridging editorial and operational discussions with a core objective: the practical realisation of editorial intentions in the most effective way possible. For a proper sense of the scope of the role, please see the ‘key responsibilities’ section below.
The successful candidate will be extremely well-organised, an excellent communicator and an all-round ‘people person’ with a background in production or project management. You will be an effective decision-maker and problem-solver with the ability to be assertive when necessary. A good working understanding of the workflows and kit involved with creating video and audio outputs is essential, as is experience of organising freelancers and talent. A key skill needed for the role is the ability to keep track of the ‘big picture’ whilst ensuring attention to detail within individual productions.
The successful candidate will be in London or within commuting distance.
We particularly encourage women and BAME applicants.
- Managing the video operations kanban and developing robust production systems.
- Managing a video operations calendar, juggling immediate priorities and longer-term ambitions.
- Bringing ideas to life by coordinating and supervising resources and talent.
- Creating and supervising efficient production schedules.
- Anticipating problems before they arise and making suggestions to improve processes.
- Coordinating production meetings and working with people from across the Audio and Video teams.
- Collaborating with the Heads of Audio and Video to organise content priorities.
- Crewing to meet production needs.
- Working with Head of Operations to ensure effective finance allocation and resourcing.
- Developing and managing project documentation and admin.
- Working with the wider Novara Media team to coordinate resources and ensure project delivery, including with other sections if necessary.
- Liaising with and booking guests.
- Coordinating equipment and rentals as required, and ensuring the maintenance and safety of equipment.
- Managing photo licensing as required.
- Project management and special projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Previous experience of a production or project management role.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people.
- Experience of working on a video production set (eg film/TV or similar).
- Experience of organising and managing workflows or production/project schedules.
- Experience of using project management software (eg Notion, Trello, Asana, Float).
- A can-do attitude and ability to anticipate (and solve) problems before they arise.
- A keen eye for detail and good process.
- Ability to be flexible or recognise when plans need to change.
- Ability to be across multiple projects at once and to delegate where necessary.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to be assertive.
- Willingness to learn and be adaptive.
- Working knowledge of kit involved in audio and video productions.
- Experience of sourcing and supervising freelancers.
- Experience of working with talent and guests.
- Ability to use spreadsheets, Gantt charts and develop budgets.
- Experience of chairing meetings.
Location: The successful candidate will be required to work from our London studio unless travelling for work.
Reports to: Head of Operations
Hours: 32 hours per week, split over five days.
Pay: £27,456pa (based on the NM flat living wage, currently £16.50/hour*).
*Novara Media has a flat pay structure, meaning all employees are paid the same hourly rate and pay rises occur uniformly across the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV and a short supporting statement (400 words) telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
Send your application in a single email to [email protected] with AV PRODUCTION COORDINATOR in the subject line.
Closing date: 12 November 2021