We are looking for a Digital Content Producer & Editor to take advantage of our position and grow the quality and reach of our social media offerings. This role is an opportunity to produce a wide variety of social-first outputs to intrigue and inform our fast growing audience. You will need a keen political sense and active engagement with current affairs as well as graphic and video production competence. You will work inside the existing editorial structures and often produce by adapting existing content, however you will also be expected to work with the team to develop your own content ideas and actively find NM content and research from which to create social outputs.
A high level of attention to detail is required to produce the highest quality outputs. These outputs will range from Instagram carousels to audiogram podcast extracts, headline news reports to short explainer videos. You will need an appreciation of visual communication but will work closely with the Digital Designer and create artwork from existing templates (graphic design experience not needed).
This role expects you to be comfortable with potential remote working and the diligent use of project planning and collaboration platforms (Trello, Slack, Notion, etc). The successful applicant doesn’t need extensive experience in both video and graphic production but needs to have a good design feel and the ability to quickly learn design and video software. We welcome anyone interested and suitable to apply for this role.
We particularly encourage women and BAME applicants.
- Producing graphic and video outputs for a range of social media platforms
- Adapting content between different mediums and platforms
- Coordinating outputs with the Social Media Editor
- Generating editorial ideas in collaboration with editors from the video, audio and articles teams
- Becoming a Figma expert (no prior experience required, but digital design software experience appreciated, eg XD, Sketch, etc)
- Planning their time to manage multiple requests and projects on different timelines coming from different directions
- Attending and contributing to editorial workshop meetings
Example tasks include:
- Pulling trending news content of interest and packaging in a platform-specific way
- Creating and artworking Instragram carousel outputs from existing content
- Breaking headline news
- Authoring evergreen social video content, eg ‘on this day’ micro-explainers
- Isolating social content opportunities with other members of staff
The ideal candidate will be:
- Familiar and skilled in the use of graphic design software
- Familiar and skilled in the use of video editing software
- Familiar and skilled in the creation of social first content
- Talented with copywriting and condensing copy for social media
- High level of attention to detail and able to faithfully recreate templated design
- Keen political sense and ability to identify emerging stories
Other desirable attributes include:
- Skilled in animation
- Fluent in wide range of social media platform vernaculars
- Journalist and/or researcher experience
- Artworker, graphic designer, video producer experience
- Experience presenting social first content (eg TikTok, Reels)
Location: Flexible (applicants must be based in the UK)
Hours: 32 hours per week
Pay: £29,952 per annum (actual), based on £18/h (NM flat living wage*)
Applicants should prepare a CV, relevant portfolio, and a supporting statement of up to 400 words explaining why they’re a great hire for this role, and for Novara Media.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews to be held at the Novara Media offices in Bermondsey or remotely in the week commencing 23 May.
*Novara Media has a flat pay structure, meaning all employees are paid the same hourly rate and pay rises occur uniformly across the organisation.
Send your application in a single email to [email protected] with DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER & EDITOR in the subject line.
Closing date: 15 May 2022