Job: Fundraising and Communications Manager
We are looking to hire a part-time Fundraising and Communications Manager to manage Novara Media’s fundraising operation and communications with our supporters.
Novara Media is one of the fastest-growing media organisations working towards radical social change. We’re not-for-profit, and freely-given donations from our supporters account for the vast majority of our income.
You will lead on building our supporter base and strengthening our supporter relationships through regular communications and eye-catching fundraising campaigns, alongside managing our digital newsletters. Although the bulk of our funding comes from small donations, you will also be responsible for identifying and writing grant applications, as well as establishing and managing relationships with donors wishing to make larger contributions.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent copywriter and all-round ‘people person’ with both fundraising and communications experience. You may not have worked for a media outlet before, but you will share a commitment to our aims and values and have an existing awareness of our audience and supporter base.
Our offices are in London and Leeds, but we are open to applications from anywhere in the UK if you are willing to work remotely. Work patterns are negotiable subject to a regular schedule.
We particularly encourage women, non-binary, disabled and BAME applicants.
- Planning and executing crowdfunding campaigns.
- Strategising NM’s communications with its audience in order to retain and expand its supporter base.
- Implementing (i.e. copywriting emails, social media, etc) NM’s communications with its supporter base.
- Managing supporters’ data in liaison with NM’s Digital Team.
- Supporter relations management, such as handling donation queries.
- Building and maintaining relationships with large donors.
- Identifying and writing grant applications.
- Managing NM’s digital newsletter output using MailChimp.
- Developing NM’s digital newsletter output in collaboration with NM editors.
- Ensuring accuracy across communications.
- Adhering to NM’s Editorial Standards Code.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent copywriting skills across a range of formats and audiences.
- The ability to build rapport with people quickly and easily.
- A track record with successful crowdfunding campaigns.
- Experience of donor or member communications.
- Experience in large donor fundraising and relationship management.
- Experience in writing and managing grant applications.
- Existing awareness of NM’s audience and supporter base.
- Digital literacy and experience in using email marketing platforms (MailChimp).
- Proofreading skills and a keen eye for detail.
- A high level of personal organisation and the ability to work independently.
- A keenness to develop the role as NM grows.
- Commitment to the aims and values of NM.
Location: Our offices are in London and Leeds, but we are open to applicants from anywhere in the UK.
Reports to: Head of Operations
Hours: 24 hours per week.
Pay: £20,592pa (based on the NM flat living wage, currently £16.50/hour*).
*NM has a flat pay structure, meaning all employees are paid the same hourly rate and pay rises occur uniformly across the organisation.
Applicants should prepare a CV and a supporting statement of up to 400 words, explaining why they’re a great hire for this role, and for NM.
Send your application in a single email to [email protected] with FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER in the subject line.
Closing date: 12 November 2021