We are seeking a full-time producer to join our livestreaming team. You will principally be involved with the technical production of our evening YouTube show TyskySour, as well as other livestreamed programmes.
Novara Media is one of the fastest-growing media organisations working towards radical social change. TyskySour is a unique product within British independent media: a hosted news and politics discussion show with a rotation of co-hosts and featured guests, it currently broadcasts live three nights a week.
In addition to supporting the technical production of TyskySour and other livestreams, the role will involve booking and managing guests, running the stream and clipping for social media. As the bulk of the role is technical, literacy with livestreaming software as well as a basic grasp of graphic design would be ideal, though we are happy to hire someone with a willingness to learn how to fulfil these requirements as long as they meet the desired profile in other ways.
Novara Media is a first-mover in the field of independent livestreamed video programming, and we look forward to bringing on a producer with new ideas and perspectives they can bring to the team.
The successful candidate will be in London or within commuting distance of our Bermondsey offices. The work pattern will involve regular evening work, including Fridays.
We particularly encourage women and BAME applicants.
- Operate livestream equipment and software remotely and in the studio.
- Source and edit b-roll packages.
- Source and book guests.
- Editing and publishing podcast versions of streams.
- Clipping for social media.
- Managing graphics and overlays.
- Support the fact-checking process.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in live broadcasting.
- Able to work to a deadline and calm under pressure.
- Comfortable with flexible working hours including regular evening work.
- Well-organised, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experienced in managing cameras, lights and sound recording equipment.
- Skilled in Adobe CS, particularly Audition.
- Familiar with publishing content on YouTube.
- Committed to the aims and values of NM.
- Skilled in vision-mixing using a Blackmagic Atem, Vmix and Streamyard.
- Skilled in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- A news junkie with a broad knowledge of left-wing politics.
- Experience in an online broadcast environment.
- Versed in media law.
- On-camera experience.
Location: The successful candidate will be required to work in our London studio most of the time.
Reports to: Head of Video
Hours: 32 hours per week, split over five days. Please note this role will involve regular evening work.
Pay: £27,456pa (based on the NM flat living wage, currently £16.50/hour*).
*Novara Media has a flat pay structure, meaning all employees are paid the same hourly rate and pay rises occur uniformly across the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV and a short supporting statement (400 words) telling us what you think about our current livestream operation, including ideas for how we might improve it.
Send your application in a single email to [email protected] with LIVESTREAM PRODUCER in the subject line.
Closing date: 12 November 2021