We are excited to advertise for a Video Producer to work with us in 2022. This is a fixed-term role running until the end of August, in which time you will cover a range of production, shooting and editing responsibilities within the video team whilst our Head of Video takes a six-month sabbatical. We would like the successful applicant to start before the end of January.
Novara Media is one of the fastest-growing media organisations working towards radical social change. As a Video Producer at Novara, you will be an integral part of the video operation and will work with our main talent and contributors on producing high-quality short-form explainer/opinion videos.
We’re looking for a strong self-shooter who is technically minded and comfortable directing talent where required. You must be a team player, share our ambition to publish the best news and politics content in the world, and have a wide understanding of social media video publishing.
We particularly encourage women and BAME applicants.
- Produce, shoot and edit content.
- Work in concert with the video team and AV production coordinator.
- Direct talent where required.
- Actively generate video ideas, both independently and in collaboration with talent.
- Approach guests, talent and contributors.
- Adhere to the Editorial Standards Code.
- Ensure the maintenance and safety of NM’s equipment.
- Contribute to the development of the brand-feel of Novara’s videos.
- Meet with the wider Novara team to coordinate and communicate objectives.
- Liase with the social media team.
- Develop ideas for section growth.
- Procure, maintain and replace production equipment.
- Attending operational meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong self-shooter.
- A master of the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Premiere Pro + After Effects).
- Experienced in all stages of the video production process.
- Technically minded.
- From a journalism/new media/broadcast background.
- An expert at social media video.
- An excellent communicator.
- Comfortable directing and coaching talent.
- Experienced with editing scripts.
- Well-organised, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to juggle different projects.
- Committed to the aims and values of Novara Media.
- Confident copywriting.
- Commissioning experience.
- Knowledge of media law.
Location: London (Bermondsey)
Hours: 32 per week
Pay: £27,456pa (pro rata)
Pay is based on the NM flat living wage, which is currently £16.50 per hour. Novara Media has a flat pay structure, meaning all employees are paid the same hourly rate and pay rises occur uniformly across the organisation.
To apply, send us your CV and a short supporting statement (400 words) explaining why you’re a great fit for the role.
Send your application in a single email to [email protected] with VIDEO PRODUCER in the subject line.
Closing date: 5 January 2022